Now that we are coming into the colder months of the year, it now becomes the perfect time to be able to justify a hot chocolate (no matter what your diet says). I have learnt recently that you do not make a hot chocolate with boiling water (this is the lazy, less tasty version).How is a hot chocolate best served? In a big mug, with warm milk, topped with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Make this hot chocolate for who ever is with you at the time, no matter what they say! I guarantee you they will end up wanting to try it and end up drinking it all on you!!
What you will need is very simple:
- Microwave and/or a milk frother
- Lindt Hot Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Cute marshmallows
- Full Cream Milk
- Cocoa Powder to dust
Easy right? Of course it is, it’s just a hot chocolate!
- Firstly i pour a third of my milk into a cup and microwave for 40 seconds or until warm, if you have a smaller cup reduce the time and vice versa.
- While the milk is warming in the microwave, if you have a milk frother you would pour the remaining amount of milk that you would need for your cup into the milk frother. The reason why I use one is because it makes your hot chocolate so much more fluffier and smooth.
- Once you milk is finished in the microwave put in 6 heaped teaspoons of Lindt Hot Chocolate flakes and stir so it melts. If your using a hot chocolate powder, I would personally go off the packet directions for how many teaspoons, so you don’t make your hot chocolate too overwhelming.
- If you do not have a frother this is when you would put in the remaining milk and put it in the microwave until it heats to your desire. I like my Hot Chocolates warm so I can drink them easily and so it doesn’t melt my whipped cream to quickly!
- If you do have a milk frother, pour remaining milk into the mug, if it is still not hot enough you could put it back in the microwave. This however can make the frothy goodness go away!
- Stir to combine.
- Put your favourite topping such as your whipped cream, marshmallows and cocoa powder on top and indulge in the most amazing, quick hot chocolate ever!
At christmas I would top with cute christmas sprinkles and a candy cane to give it a minty kick and of course it would be in a christmas mug!
I would defiantly recommend the Lindt Hot Chocolate, I don’t think i’ll ever go back to another brand, its very smooth and instead of it being a powder it’s flakes of chocolate. My boyfriend absolutely loves this and he never has hot drinks, so that is defiantly saying something. Also my cat Yoda will not stop starring at me when I bring one of these to bed.
Well it’s been two months since I have wrote on my blog. I really did underestimate how hard these are to keep up with. I was finding the reason why i have not been posting often is because I was doing everything on my iPad which for me was quiet painful as i didn’t have a keyboard to type and everything took ten times longer ( I know first world problems). So after some thinking i decided to go and buy my first macbook, it was easier to make this decision once they brought the 12 inch macbook out in ROSE GOLD, my absolute favourite colour of all time! So here I am typing my first blog in a while and it’s ten times more enjoyable, listening to Drakes new album that I’m obsessing over!
Yesterday it was Mothers day as we all would know from everyones spiels on Facebook. As my mum lives in Geraldton i didn’t get to spend the day with her which is unfortunate but Justin and myself decided to take his Mum and Gran out for a high tea at the Cottage Tea Rooms in Swan Valley. Every time I drive past this little cottage my heart melts, the outside is just gorgeous, little tables with umbrellas and a vintage bike that create a beautiful theme before you even enter the inside of the cottage.
We booked about three weeks in advance as I knew a place like this would be fully booked for Mothers day as it’s the perfect place to spend an afternoon sipping English Breakfast tea with the special ladies in your life. We were lucky to get a seperate room, it wasn’t loud in the other rooms but it was nice to have your own privacy. The room was filled with handmade quilts, beautiful teddies and nicknacks to fill the house with and the high tea was served with beautiful China. There was a great selection of savoury and sweet and the SCONES WERE TO DIE FOR!! We had an hour and a half for our booking which was more then enough time for a good catch up.The girls who were looking after us were lovely and bubbly which made you feel as though it wasn’t just a great place to eat but the people whom worked there enjoyed there job.
The only negative thing i could say about the day which wasn’t any fault of the staff at the cottage tea rooms, was that we were getting a couple of photos and this lady who also was dining at the Cottage Tea Rooms barged into the room without saying “excuse me” started looking at the stuff for sale in the room, pushing past our chairs, to be honest that was a bit awkward but unfortunately you will always get rude people where ever you go.
But lets end the blog on a positive note though shall we, I would highly recommend the Cottage Tea Rooms and would be a lovely surprise if your wanting to take your Mum, Daughter, Bestfriend or Girlfriend out for a lovely afternoon tea. Even for a small party, after all i feel that high tea is a more intimate gathering where you can catch up on all things light hearted and deep and meaningful.
I hope you all had a beautiful weekend and I look forward to blogging more frequently!