Now that we are coming into the colder months of the year, it now becomes the perfect time to be able to justify a hot chocolate (no matter what your diet says). I have learnt recently that you do not make a hot chocolate with boiling water (this is the lazy, less tasty version).How is a hot chocolate best served? In a big mug, with warm milk, topped with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Make this hot chocolate for who ever is with you at the time, no matter what they say! I guarantee you they will end up wanting to try it and end up drinking it all on you!!
What you will need is very simple:
- Microwave and/or a milk frother
- Lindt Hot Chocolate
- Whipped Cream
- Cute marshmallows
- Full Cream Milk
- Cocoa Powder to dust
Easy right? Of course it is, it’s just a hot chocolate!
- Firstly i pour a third of my milk into a cup and microwave for 40 seconds or until warm, if you have a smaller cup reduce the time and vice versa.
- While the milk is warming in the microwave, if you have a milk frother you would pour the remaining amount of milk that you would need for your cup into the milk frother. The reason why I use one is because it makes your hot chocolate so much more fluffier and smooth.
- Once you milk is finished in the microwave put in 6 heaped teaspoons of Lindt Hot Chocolate flakes and stir so it melts. If your using a hot chocolate powder, I would personally go off the packet directions for how many teaspoons, so you don’t make your hot chocolate too overwhelming.
- If you do not have a frother this is when you would put in the remaining milk and put it in the microwave until it heats to your desire. I like my Hot Chocolates warm so I can drink them easily and so it doesn’t melt my whipped cream to quickly!
- If you do have a milk frother, pour remaining milk into the mug, if it is still not hot enough you could put it back in the microwave. This however can make the frothy goodness go away!
- Stir to combine.
- Put your favourite topping such as your whipped cream, marshmallows and cocoa powder on top and indulge in the most amazing, quick hot chocolate ever!
At christmas I would top with cute christmas sprinkles and a candy cane to give it a minty kick and of course it would be in a christmas mug!
I would defiantly recommend the Lindt Hot Chocolate, I don’t think i’ll ever go back to another brand, its very smooth and instead of it being a powder it’s flakes of chocolate. My boyfriend absolutely loves this and he never has hot drinks, so that is defiantly saying something. Also my cat Yoda will not stop starring at me when I bring one of these to bed.