I can not believe it is October…
I bet your sick of hearing that. Everyone is in shock that we are coming around to the end of the year already. However I could’t be happier about this, we are approaching into the best couple of month of the year. Christmas decorations have now filled the shops and our holiday is getting so close, we now only have one month and twenty days (its quite obvious I am counting down the days). But before we get ahead of ourselves there is one more part I love about this time of the year, October and Halloween!
Now we Australians don’t celebrate this holiday as the Americans do but I still can’t help but try get into the Halloweeny spirit!
These are a few of my favourite things… about Halloween:
- Spiced pumpkin candles flickering in the background giving off the most amazing crisp smells.
- The very best of TV comes out with marathons of horror films, The Simpson halloween specials and my all time favourite halloween movie, Hocus Pocus. All while sitting with a bowl of candy and popcorn!
- Themed decor to deck your room out to create an escape from reality.
- You tubers and their Halloween themed videos.
- The fact that it is almost the Christmas season!!
I would love to experience halloween in America, I don’t know if we will ever get around to it but it is on the bucket list! We did have plans to go out on an interactive horror experience here in Perth but we are already doing a zombie experience in London when we travel in December so we decided to skip that this year and hope it is still around next year!
Though no matter what you do and don’t celebrate, I hope you have an exciting and positive month ahead and if you need me you’ll find me snuggled up with popcorn and a good horror film.